If you are planning on doing your "Back to School" shopping soon, here is a copy of the OHS Dress Code to help you make sure that your clothing purchased falls within our dress code guidlines at OHS.
1. Inappropriate dress may include, but is not limited to: muscle shirts, decals, slogans, or “sayings” on clothes that are rude, vulgar, advertise alcohol or alcoholic beverages or tobacco products, display pictures or slogans that promote illegal drugs, are racially or sexual...ly offensive or reference illegal or immoral behavior.
2. Shoes are to be worn at all times during the school day. Bedroom slippers are not to be worn.
3. Any clothing apparel must fully cover the midriff and all undergarments. Revealing and bareback blouses or garments shall not be worn. Tank tops must have Three (3)-Finger width straps.
4. All clothing must not allow any undergarment or cleavage to show.
5. Dresses, skirts, or shorts may be no shorter than mid-thigh length. Leggings may be worn but must be accompanied by a long shirt that covers bottom.
6. Traditionally, Camouflage is reserved for the Senior class on Fridays. Underclassmen will be considered out of dress code and required to change or finish the day in ISS.
7. Pants with holes or slits may be worn if the holes and slits are below the shorts guidelines.
8. Hats, hoodies, and sunglasses are not to be worn in the building at any time. These items will be confiscated and returned at a later date.
9. Students may not wear clothing that is too tight, too bare, or so extreme as to be immodest, including OHS Dances
10. Pajama pants/slippers are not appropriate for school.
11. Students with a habit of wearing pants too large to remain at the waist could be placed on a special dress code whereby they will be expected to wear a belt and tuck in their shirt.
12. When, in the judgment of the administration, the dress requirements have not been met, the student will not be permitted in class until the situation is corrected. Students wearing inappropriate clothing will be given an opportunity to call parents to bring additional clothing or to wear clothing supplied by the school if parents are unavailable to bring proper clothing. Students will return to class when they are properly dressed.
***** Repeated dress code violations will result in disciplinary action.